How is the historical truth of the Christian Bible unique? a comparison with the Hindu and Buddhist Scriptures, PART 3 of Truth & History Series
You can buy this lesson individually for $4.99 or for a $36 yearly subscription you get this lesson and ALL the currently available lesson modules and those continuously added. CLICK HERE to sign up.
About this LessonThis is the first of two videos comparing the Christian Bible with the scriptures of other faiths.
While each of the two videos comparing other scriptures with the Christian Bible is not a comprehensive course on world religions, I trust each presentation is an accurate and respectful representative of that religion. Here is how I will do it:
- First, I will give you a brief overview of each of these four religions— Part One: Hinduism, Buddhism, Part Two: Islam and the Mormon Church.
- Second, we will look at how each religion defines salvation and a life pleasing to God.
- Third, we will look at what are their sacred writings, including samples of their scriptures that support their beliefs.
- Fourth, what are the historical anchors in their scriptures that support their claims? We will look briefly at geography, archeology, and source criticism, plus the document history of their scriptures.
- Last, will then look at how each one views Jesus and the historical basis for that view.
This lesson is part of a 4‐part foundational series:
How Truth & History confirm that we can trust the Christian Bible
#1 What is Truth?
#2 How do historians determine Truth?
#3 How is the historical truth of the Christian Bible unique? part one. . . a comparison with the Hindu and Buddhist scriptures
#4 How is the historical truth of the Christian Bible unique? part two. . . a comparison with Muslim and Mormon scriptures
Please plan to listen to or watch all four for a full understanding of the topic of why we can trust the Christian Bible.
This is an extremely important foundational series of lessons. Though it takes more than intellectual assent to the truths of the Christian faith to become a believer in Jesus (the demons know the truth of it as the book of James tells us), it is important to trust our eternal destiny to a faith that is based on historical, verifiable evidence and not merely fables and myth.
This series of videos will give you confidence that your faith has a verifiable, historical, trustworthy foundation.
What you get in this Lesson
- A 1080p video
- A PDF of Notes/Transcript of the lesson
- A PDF of Questions on the lesson for individual study or group discussion
- Two digital files of images you can use to promote the topic
- PLUS unlimited reproduction rights within your church.
REMINDERYou can buy this lesson individually for $4.99 or for a $36 yearly subscription you get this lesson and ALL the currently available lesson modules and those continuously added. CLICK HERE to sign up.
In the files below
- The MP4 file has the video—the name may be a bit odd as the program I’m using automatically sometimes gives it a new name when I save it.
- The ZIP file has the PDFs of notes and question pages, plus the image files.