The pattern is fully written and the lace stripes and border are also charted so however you like to read your patterns, you’re covered! The pattern has been tech edited and test knitted. There’s a screenshot of the pattern and a list of the stitches used at the bottom of the photos. The pattern uses simple increases/decreases.
- 366 m (400 yds) of Old Maiden Aunt Merino Superwash 4ply (100% Superwash Merino, 400 yds/100g) in Natural (Main Colour)
- 45 m (49 yds) in Grello (Contrast Colour 1)
- 53 m (58 yds) in Tru Luv (Contrast Colour 2)
- 62 m (68 yds) in Army and Navy (Contrast Colour 3)
- 69 m (75 yds) in Ultraviolet (Contrast Colour 4)
- 80 m (88 yds) in Jaded (Contrast Colour 5)
- 4mm (US 6) circular needles, 100 cm (40”) or longer (or straight needles)
- 1 stitch marker
- Yarn needle for sewing in ends
- Blocking mat and pins
22 stitches and 38 rows in 10 cm (4”) in garter stitch after blocking.
Gauge is not essential but will also affect the amount of yarn used. Differences in gauge may also change the size of the finished shawl.
156 cm long by 65 cm deep (61.5” by 25.5”)