The Oodnadatta Track - A Complete Driving Guide (Marree to Marla)
The only guide you'll ever need to explore one of outback Australia's best-loved outback tracks.The Oodnadatta Track Complete Driving Guide includes information that often gets overlooked - especially if you're new to the outback.
Like which mobile phone service is best for this trip, is a satellite phone essential & what are the supermarkets like or do you need to take cash?
The guide gives you everything you need to take this iconic road trip with confidence:
- Over 140 pages of content, including our famous super-detailed driving itineraries that people rave about.
- Features well-known and little-known destinations that many other guides miss (or don't know about at all).
- Includes exclusive done-for-you travel intineraries from 2 to 5 (or more) days PLUS extended side-trips.
- Extensive information on Aboriginal culture, European history, wildlife and geology.
- Covers options for travelling on after you're finished the Oodnadatta Track.
- Written by actual outback (Alice Springs) locals who've driven the route dozens of times over the past 25 years.
- Includes our detailed beginner's guide to vehicle preparation and packing guides, based on more than 20 years of living and working in Outback Australia.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the Maree to Marla version of the guide. Buy this one if you're starting from the Flinders Ranges/Adelaide end.
If you're starting from the Northern Territory or Simpson Desert end, then purchase our other Oodnadatta Track guide here.