PanelxPanel #61 - Sleeping Beauties
This month the features are all about IDW's adaptation of Stephen and Owen King's Sleeping Beauties, by Rio Youers, Alison Sampson and Triona Farrell. We interview the team, and a series of essays take you further into the art and craft of the comic.
A true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and a great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of this issue's contents:
- An interview with Sleeping Beauties' creative team
- Essays on clothes and costuming, sleeping sicknesses, adapting King, analysing the linear style and adaptation as a form of reassessing work.
- A short comic by Matthew Wilding, Raymond Lolacher and Sean Baggs.
- Exploring DC's parodies of The Avengers, and what that says about the various states of the relationship between the Big Two.
- How Jaime Hernandez reimagined the Silver Age.
- Final Thoughts on the ending of X-Men: Legacy.