Wednesday with Wendy
The tech edited and test knit pattern is fully written and charted.
18”/ 46cm (24”/ 61cm, 36”/ 91cm) around by 8”/ 20cm (8”/ 20cm, 12”/ 30.5cm) tall
2 (2, 4) skeins Malabrigo Verano, sample 1 shown in colors Sailor Blue (MC) and Glacier (CC)
sample 2 shown in Landscape (MC) and Serena (CC)
Single skein info: 100% pima cotton Worsted/ DK; 205yds/ 187m per 100g/ 3.53oz
US 8/ 5mm circular needles
6 stitch markers, including 1 unique for start of rnd
22 sts and 32 rnds over 4”/ 10cm in pattern stitch. Note: exact gauge is not critical to this design. Gauge variations may impact final size and yardage requirements.
• Block It: Wednesday with Wendy is worked in the round with cables going against the grain. However, some biasing does happen. Take time when blocking to ensure that the line on the inside created by changing colors is as straight as possible to mitigate the biasing.
• Cable It (One): Wednesday with Wendy features a medley of 1/1 cables. A cable needle is optional. You may choose to work the sts out of order without one.
• Cable It (Two): to keep the yarn transition in a vertical line for a comfy cowl, markers are removed and replaced as part of working the cable on every Rnd 5, 12, 17, 24, and 29 where cables cross over markers.
• Cross It: be sure to cross yarns at MC and CC transitions.
• Customize It: make it reversible!
• Slip It: always slip as if to purl with yarn in back.
• Navigate It: written directions page 3, chart and key page 4.
• 2 Corinthians 1:10-11.