English Cottage Garden
The tech edited and test knit pattern is fully written and charted.
Small (Large): wingspan 62”/ 157.5cm (74”/ 188cm) by depth 11”/ 28cm (14”/ 35.5cm)
2 (3) skeins Eco-Stitch Sport, shown in Seaspray
Single skein info: Hand dyed 100% linen; 268yds/ 245m per 100g/ 3.53oz
Sample shown size Small
US 5/ 3.75mm circular needles (to accommodate stitches)
16 sts and 32 rows over 4”/ 10cm in flower pattern. Note: exact gauge is not critical to this design. Gauge variations may impact final size and yardage requirements.
• Construct It: a top-down crescent shaped shawl.
• Work It: the Butterfly Dip Stitch (bds) can be worked as a knit or purl, whatever is most comfortable for you! The glossary and photos show it worked as a knit. Consistency is what is important, not methodology.
• Watch It: check out the mini tutorials for 1/1 cables without a cable needle and bds on the Knit Eco Chic blog.
• Navigate It: written directions page 3, charted directions 4-5, Bind Off written and charted directions page 6.
• Genesis 1:11-12; John 15.