The pattern includes both charts for the cables and written instructions, so however you like to read your patterns, you’re covered! The pattern also includes a photo tutorial for a super stretchy cast on called the Estonian cast-on for the bottom of the glove and the backward loop cast-on. There is also a photo tutorial for the twisted k2tog. The pattern has been tech edited and test knitted. There’s a screenshot of the pattern, and a list of the stitches used at the bottom of the photos. These additional techniques are used: cables and picking up stitches.
- 229m (250 yds) of Eden Cottage Yarns Hayton 4ply (80% Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere, 380 yds/100g) in Marigold
- 2.25mm (US 1) circular needles, 32” or longer for magic loop or dpns
- 2.5mm (US 1.5) circular needles, 32” or longer for magic loop or dpns
- Cable Needle
- 1 Stitch marker
- Scrap yarn to hold stitches (a contrasting colour is best)
- Yarn needle for sewing in ends
56 stitches and 48 rounds in 10 cm (4”) in (unstretched) twisted rib in the round using 2.5mm (US 1.5) needles. Gauge is measured after washing.
Small: 14cm (5.5”) circumference
Large: 16.5cm (6.5”) circumference
The gloves are designed to be worn with 4 - 5cm (1.5 - 2”) of negative ease.