Bill Neville is one of the most respected coaches in US volleyball coaching circles, and probably beyond as well. His long experience in the game provides him a perspective on the sport and on coaching that few can match.
His resume includes:
- Olympic coach for both the Canadian and US national teams, including for the 1984 gold medal winning USA.
- Over 15 years coaching NCAA Division I women's teams.
- USA Volleyball Technical Director
- USA Volleyball National Commissioner of Coaching Education
- Developer of the Coaches Accreditation Program (CAP)
- Author of Coaching Volleyball Successfully
Here's some of what Bill discusses in his interview:
- His favorite memory for the 1984 US Olympic team
- The qualities of a great setter
- Key factors in good coaching education
- Being an innovative coach
- How the game has developed and where it might be headed