Written and charted instructions are included for the lace body of the shawl.
Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog, skp, double decreases, make 1 with a backward loop as well as knitting through the back loop. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Size and finished measurements
One size: Wingspan of 177 cm (69 ½ inches) and a depth of 75 cm (29 ½ inches), measured after blocking. This shawl can however easily be adjusted in size.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl measured after blocking: 9.2 sts / 18.8 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages in the English version and 5 in the Dutch version (letter size).
- 400 m (437 yds) Ístex Léttlopi (100% wool; 100 m (109 yds) / 50 g). Substitute any aran weight wool yarn for a similar result.
- 5 mm (US #8 / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles.
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch
- 22 stitch markers (optional)