Sycamore Creek knitted shawl pattern
Sycamore Creek runs from Durham County in North Carolina into Wake County, where a hiking trail follows the creek through the trees of Umstead Park.
- Sample is 76 inches (1.9m) along the edge that sits on the shoulders and 22 inches (56cm) deep.
- Sample gauge is 20 stitches and 20 ridges over 4 inches (10cm).
- Sample is worked in a total of 1058 yards (968) of several colors of Borgs Munka, which is a discontinued sportweight yarn.
- Sample was worked with US size 5 (3.75mm) circular needles for working flat. Pick the needles that work with your yarn to make a fabric you like.
- four stitch markers.
- yarn needle for working in ends and seaming.
- You need to know how to make a backwards loop, work flat, knit, yarnover, and bind off.
- Instructions are fully written out and charted. (Chart is optional.)