Ebook: The Impact of Converging Technologies On Authors and the Publishing Industry
The pandemic of 2020 has accelerated converging technologies and changed human behavior across the globe to favor digital business models. In this book, I discuss current technological and societal trends and consider the opportunities for authors and the publishing industry over the next decade.
- Writing in the age of AI, including Natural Language Generation models like GPT-3
- Copyright law, Blockchain for smart contracts, and micro-payments
- AI-assisted translation
- Voice technologies, streaming and subscription
- Virtual worlds and augmented reality
- Global, digital, mobile. A wave of new writers.
We are creators. We turn ideas in our heads into books in the physical realm.
We can use these technologies to surf the wave of change and invent the decade ahead — together.
I hope you will join me on the journey.
Includes ebook edition in mobi, ePub and PDF