John Corbelli is the first interview of someone who has primarily been an assistant coach through is career, notably being a part of a spouse coaching duo. He is well respected as one of the best trainers around.
His resume includes:
- More than 20 years as assistant coach to his wife at Texas A&M (nearly 500 wins, and almost 20 trips to the NCAA tournament - 2 Final Fours, 30 All-American selections)
- Three years as an NCAA Division I head coach in his own right.
- Assistant to Arie Selinger for the USA Women's National Team during the 1984 Olympics
Here's some of what John discusses in his interview:
- The qualities of a good assistant coach
- The culture of Hawaiian volleyball
- Coaching with and against your spouse
- Incorporating structured and game-like training approaches