Parts list for the minifigures used to create my Flaming Lips photo as seen on Twitter
. I made this for fun, but a few people have asked how to recreate it.
Note that the final image posted on Twitter has been edited, what you will receive is the parts list for the minifigures before I finished off the scene with some photo editing. The main changes made with photo editing were to make the Luke Skywalker hair grey, to add some details to beards, and of course to make all the hats fit on to the heads (the hat you can buy from this list will not attach to the hair pieces unless you use some blutack or similar). The parts list contains the parts to make all seven figures, so for example it includes seven sets of bodies and legs. If you only want to make some of the figures you can edit the parts list following the instructions below. I have also included the exact heads that I used, I know some of these are older ad may be harder to find or be more expensive, so feel free to swap any heads if there are other Lego faces and expressions you think would look good!
The download is free, but you can donate if you like. You will receive an xml file which can be used on BrickLink
to find people selling the required parts. Instructions for how to do this on BrickLink are as follows (note you will need to create an account on BrickLink).
- From the "Want" button on the top right, choose "Upload"
- Click "Upload BrickLink XML format"
- From the "Add to" list, choose "Create New Wanted List"
- Call this anything you like (e.g. "Flaming Lips")
- Open the XML file you received from here, it's easiest to open it with Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac)
- Select all the content and copy
- Paste the content in to the field on BrickLink where it says "Copy and paste here"
- Click the button at the bottom "Proceed to verify items"
- Adjust items or quantities if needed (e.g. if you already own some of the items on the list or if you only want to make some of the figures)
- Click "Add to Wanted List"
- Next, click "View [wanted list name]"
- Finally, select "Buy All" to begin buying the parts.