Ribbon Turquoise is a triangle shawl worked from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck with a garter stitch tab. The instructions for the lace are provided both charted and written out.
Knit this triangle-shaped shawl from the top-down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo, double yo, left-leaning and right-leaning double decreases. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size – finished dimensions: 205 cm (80 ¾ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 100 cm (39 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the body patterning or the garter stitch edging. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: approx. 12 sts / 21 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch, after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 5 pages in the English version and 6 pages in the Dutch version (letter size)
- Yarn: Handmaiden Alpaca Merino (70% Superwash merino, 30% Alpaca; 300 m (328 yds) / 100 g) in the following amounts and colors: MC: 300 m (328 yds) / 100 g in Topaz and CC: 300 m (328 yds) / 100 g Brown Sugar. This yarn and pattern are also available as a kit from Sweater Sisters! Substitute any 2-ply wool/alpaca blend DK or sport weight yarn for a similar result, or use a fingering weight yarn for a smaller shawl.
- Sample shawl: size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles. Choose a needle size appropriate for the yarn selected.
- Yarn needle.
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch and the edge stitches.
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats in the lace patterning (optional).