Inspired by the colorful, graphic designs of jazz and blues posters, this triangular shawl offers an opportunity to play with a variety of stitch patterns and techniques.
This mystery knit-along was originally organized in conjunction with the 2019 Fiber Fun in the ‘Sip festival in Vicksburg, MS. Visit FiberFunInTheSip.com for more information about future events.
• Knitting & purling
• Increases & decreases
• Picking up stitches
• Mosaic knitting (slipping stitches)
• Basic 2-color brioche with easy increases
• Simple lace with optional beads
Span: 66 inches
Height at center: 30 inches
GAUGE (after blocking)
23 sts/38 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
21 sts/23 rows = 4 inches in brioche rib
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
US #4/3.5mm circular needle, 32 inches
US #3/3.25mm (or smaller) circular needle for picking up stitches
266 size 6/0 beads, roughly 20g (optional)
Crochet hook, 1mm or smaller, or beading tool (optional)
2 stitch markers
You will need 400 yards each of 3 separate colors of fingering weight yarn.
• Colors should be solid, semi-solid, tonal, or lightly speckled. Some of the stitch patterns and colorwork in this design could be obscured by variegated yarns.
• Each section of the pattern uses 2 of the 3 colors, so choose yarns that look good in pairs and have enough contrast to show off colorwork.
• Color A should be the darkest color, then color B, and color C should be the lightest.
• Single-ply or multi-plied yarns are both acceptable.