USA high school coach is a legend in New England volleyball circles. A major part of his success he attributes to the mental, off-court training he has been doing with each of his teams going back 20 years. It seems to be working pretty well!
His resume includes:
- 18 Massachusetts state high school championships
- 110 match winning streak from 2003 to 2007.
- 2008 AVCA National Coach of the Year.
- 2012 NHSCA National Volleyball Coach of the Year
Here's some of what Tom discusses in his interview:
- Tryouts and making cuts
- Focusing on the mental part of the game
- Staff management
- Working with your administration
- Creating a culture
Tom's interview is also featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book