SOMERSET TOTE BAG (two sizes)
!!!!! Please note, this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag !!!!!
Create your own fabulously roomy and spacious tote bag, with fabulous, Japanese inspired drawstring closure, in two sizes using this PDF pattern. Small size works great as an everyday tote bag, large size makes a perfect shopping bag.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Beginner
SMALL – 11'' tall x 11'' wide on bottom x 6'' deep
LARGE – 13'' tall x 13'' wide on bottom x 7'' deep
You will receive 9 pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make these wonderful tote bags.
- Japanese inspired drawstring closure
- pleated slip pocket on the inside of the bag
- two sizes to fit your needs
- additional fabric handles instructions
+ + + + +
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE ONE SMALL BAG:
FABRIC A (main exterior) – 1/2 yard
FABRIC B (drawstring closure) – 1/4 yard
FABRIC C (lining) – 3/4 yard
fusible fleece (I use Pellon 987F) - 1/2 yard
two (2) - 24'' long strips of 1'' wide WEBBING for handles*
two (2) – 40'' long COTTON CORD or RIBBON
*additional instructions provided in case you prefer making your own fabric handles instead
cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter
Wonder clips and/or pins
disappearing fabric marker or fine chalk pen
90/14 needle for your sewing machine
large safety pin or bodkin
* * * * Please note, there are no refunds on instant download patterns.
* * * * Buying this pattern allows you to make and sell items on a small, handmade scale (please credit sotak patterns in your written description).
Thank you for your purchase. Please let me know if you have any questions. Svetlana