This shawl is worked from the top-down and is started with a garter stitch tab. The lace is patterned on both right and wrong side rows. The instructions for the lace are, of course, both charted and fully written out.
This half-circle shawl is knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Lace patterning is worked on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, double yo, m1, skp, k2tog, and left and right leaning double decreases.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and measurements
Size S (L): span width of 140 (180) cm (55 (71) inches) and a depth of 57 (77) cm (22 ½ (30) inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of this shawl by using lighter or heavier yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the border. This will of course change the amount of yarn needed.
- Written for a gauge of 16 sts / 21 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: In the Ochtend Mist pattern both yarns are held together throughout, substitute a smooth solid or tonal fingering weight yarn and a lace weight mohair-type yarn for a similar result.
- 418 (732) m (458 (802) yds) / 100 (175) g Crelando Anika [75% wool, 25% nylon; 209 m (229 yds) / 50 g] in blue.
- 420 (740) m (460 (810) yds) / 50 (88) g Garnstudio DROPS Kid-Silk [75% mohair, 25% silk; 210 m (230 yds) / 25 g] in blue-grey 08.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers (optional, for use between repeats of the lace border).