This listing is for a digital PDF file of the Fold'n Roll Shopping Bag pattern.PATTERN DETAILS:
This pattern is in English and includes step by step, text and colour photos.
It is 21 pages long - including a photo cover page and 4 full size pattern piece pages. Full-size pattern pieces include seam allowances.
Bonus: design options and directions for how-to "fold'n roll" your new bag!
The pattern can be downloaded for printing, immediately after purchasing. (Please Note: Acrobat Reader is required, www.adobe.com).SKILL LEVEL:
Intermediate Beginner. Accuracy in cutting, marking and sewing curves is important. Please Note: If you're not using ready made bias binding or ruffled ribbon (or fabric), then you need to know how to make this. Material amounts are given with pattern for self-made bias binding and ruffle material, but directions for making it yourself are not given. FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Finished bag is 12.25" wide x 21.75" long when flat and 5.75" by 3.75" when foldedMATERIALS NEEDED:
- 2.5 yards of 1/2" double fold bias binding OR one fat quarter of quilting cotton if you're making your own bias binding
- 5" x 11" medium weight fusible interfacing
- 1 press snap fasterner
- 1 yard of 44" wide quilting cotton (this will be enough for bag body and matching pocket)
- Two 5"x 11" pieces of quilting cotton (if you want pocket in different fabric than bag)
- 2 yards of ruffled 1" ribbon OR 4 yards of flat ribbon if you are ruffling it yourself (this amount will be enough for pocket and top opening of bag)
- ruffler foot (optional and no instructions given in pattern for using)
- 8" x 42" (WOF) quilting cotton for self-made fabric ruffle IF you're not using ribbon (this will be enough for pocket and top opening of bag)
The Fold'n Roll Shopping Bag is my solution for a pretty, yet practical way to carry things from groceries to books! Better, yet, when not in use, it neatly folds up so it can be tucked into a purse, a pocket or glove compartment, so it will be there when needed.
Design features include: sized to fit the holders for grocery bags at your store; expanding gussets which means increased holding capacity; wide handles for easy, comfortable carrying and a double stitched bottom for extra security.
This is my favourite shopping bag design - I have personally used it extensively over the past several years and have added features to make it the best I can.
You can even modify the details by substituting piping for the ruffles OR opt for neither. Go ahead, make it yours and soon you'll be making them as gifts!
Check out this post
for other examples of these fun shopping bags.