This pattern contains instructions for 3 sizes. The Tulpa cowl is seamless and knitted in the round. The instructions for the patterning are provided both charted and written out.
Tulpa is seamless and worked in the round from the bottom up. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, twisted stitches, yo, as well as centered, left-leaning, and right-leaning double decreases. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Finished size S (M, L): 70.5 (84.5, 98.5) cm / 27 ¾ (33 ¼, 38 ¾) inches circumference and 38.5 cm / 15 ¼ inches high. The sample shown is in size M.
The size can further be adjusted by changing the number of cast-on stitches to any multiple of 26.
- Tulpa is written for a gauge of 18.5 sts / 32.2 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over pattern after washing and gentle blocking.
- Pattern language included: English.
- Digital PDF has 5 pages (letter size).
316 (375, 440) m (346 (411, 481) yds) / 59 (70, 82) g 2-ply hand spun yarn [50% wool, 50% silk; 531 m (581 yds) / 99 g], with a WPI of 15.
Substitute any fingering or light fingering weight wool/silk blend gradient yarn for a similar result.
- For the sample cowl in size M, a 4 mm (US 6) circular needle was used, 60 cm (24 inches) length suggested. Choose a needle size to match gauge and a length appropriate for the chosen size.
- Yarn needle.
- 1 end-of-round stitch marker.
- 5 (6, 7) stitch markers to separate repeats of the patterning (optional).