Rock This Way Socks
How’s that? A yarn crawl? Yep - and even if you can’t travel, the Slow Crawl is virtual again this year, too! That actually means you can join in from anywhere!
-Get a passport from Seattle Yarn or other participating shops (they’re $10)
-Starting May 26th, visit all the shops - online, or safely in person
-Each participating shop will give you the download codes for their pattern and a sticker or stamp for your passport (purchase required for virtual “visits”)
-Fill up your passport, and be eligible for prizes!
Rock This Way
Socks with a cabled pattern that evokes stepping stones on a wandering path. Go light and delicate or dark and moody, make a longer or shorter leg – these socks can work for anyone.
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Size: Small (Medium, Large) to fit foot circumference approximately 7.5 (8.5, 9.5) inches/19 (21.5, 24) cm
- Yarn: Wildstar Fibers Galaxy Twist Sock; 85% superwash merino/15% nylon - 2ply, 393 yards/100 g per skein (359 m/3.5 oz); sample shown in colorway, “We Like Soft Things”
- Note: The longer leg length as written will use 1 skein for sizes Small and Medium, but will require a second skein for size Large. If you are knitting a shorter leg length, you may only need one skein for the size Large.
- Needle: .US 1.5/2.5 mm needles, or whatever size you need to achieve gauge: double-pointed needles (DPNs), flexible DPNs, 1 long circular for working magic loop, 2 circulars, etc., according to your preference for working small circumferences in the round.
- Gauge: 36 stitches and 54 rounds per 4 inches/10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Notions: Stitch markers; darning needle