IntroductionSTAGE 1: Guiding Principles
STAGE 2: Where To Start?
- Innovation Through Naivety
- Sticking With The Basics
- The 80/20 Rule
- Making Friends
- Last But Not Least, Don’t Forget to Make Money
STAGE 3: Your First Sale
- Finding What You’re Good At
- Validating Ideas Without Breaking The Bank
- How To Break Down Your Goals And Not Be Overwhelmed
- Funding Your Business (And Why You Should Keep Investors as a Last Resort)
STAGE 4: Building My Team
- Coming From Empathy
- Standing Your Ground
- Getting Paid To Learn
- You Made Your First Sale. Now What?
STAGE 5: Day-To-Day
- Find Your First Hire
- Finding What You’re NOT Good At
- Crafting The Business Around Your Team
- Being a Vulnerable and Transparent Leader
STAGE 6: What’s Next?
- Projections, Projections, Projections
- Become the Next Facebook? Or the Next Basecamp?
- Competitors, and Why You Should Focus On Yourself
STAGE 7: Just Have Fun
- Marketing Your Company
- Marketing Yourself
- Building Tech Around Your Business
- Building New Product Lines and Expanding Into New Markets
- Happy Boss, Happy Business
- Burnout vs. Burn-up
- Work Is Not Everything
- This Is Only The Beginning
About The Author
Hi, I’m Gerald!
💻 CEO of Eight Media
📖 Author of Love at First Sale
🇵🇭 SMB Advocate from the Philippines
👨💻 I bring my team together as the CEO of Eight Media, ensuring we have the best strategy in creating awareness and generating leads for small businesses and startups through digital marketing.
☕️ I’ve had over six years of experience doing digital and content marketing for local and international brands.
✍️ I’m also the author of Love at First Sale, a book centered around the Eight Media story and my learnings from growing a 7-figure company without investors, spending a cent on marketing, or looking at the competition.
💪 I believe in the power of storytelling as a way for small businesses and startups to scale their impact and create more value for their customers.