Interrupting 1 - EFL Lesson (B1/B2 level) - Teacher Notes and Worksheet
- Brief teaching notes with answer key
- Worksheet 4c, with two pages of vocabulary and exercises covering polite interruptions
- A vocabulary sheet for part 5 of the lesson (also freely available online).
Length: 40-60 minutes.
Aim: To help students to memorise some phrases that they can use to interrupt classmates and work colleagues in a smooth, natural way.
Target language: Typical interrupting phrases including
- Could I just say...?
- If I could just stop you there...
- I'm sorry to break in, but...
- Before you move on.
Suitability: Optimised for Business English group classes, online or offline. With minimal amendments, this resource is also suitable for general English classes, one-to-ones, and teenage learners.