Hello we are Fabienne and Benoit from the travel blog novo-monde
and we hiked across Switzerland through the Alps during summer 2017. This hike will undoubtedly remain forever engraved in our memories for its incredible alpine landscapes, for the encounters, the alpine cheeses we tried... but also for the physical challenge it represented for us (380 kms and 25'000m of elevation gain and loss in altitude anyway). We therefore decided to help future hikers by creating the guide we would have liked to have before setting off on the trails of the Swiss Via Alpina.
In this E-book of more than 100 pages, you will find absolutely all the information you will need to prepare this magnificent hike (preparations, practical info, day by day details, detailed maps, gpx...). But in addition, we share with you the story of our hike day by day, the whole illustrated with beautiful pictures to inspire you to embark on this adventure.
The Via Alpina guide includes
Note: the table of contents is available in the preview
- All the practical information to help you prepare this hike (the different itineraries, the stages, nbr of days to plan, the budget, the equipment, the accommodation...).
- Practical information once on the trails (where to get supplies, water, money...)
- The story of our stages day by day with detailed maps, denivelations, practical information (water, accommodation, difficulties, highlights)
- Our favourite stages and suggestions if you don't have 3 weeks to do the Via Alpina and want to do only part of it.
- Essential apps
- GPX files of all stages
- The whole illustrated with beautiful photos of our adventure
If you would like to see more pictures of our adventure on the Via Alpina, you can also take a look at this page of our blog.
We wish you all the best for this adventure and thank you in advance for your support.