Ollie in Overalls
Ollie in Overalls is an amigurumi kitty cat doll that can sit up on his own. He has a ragdoll-style body with floppy arms and legs attached to the body, making him a great cuddle toy for kids, including babies, toddlers, and young children. Ollie’s simple outfit gives him a classic and farmhouse aesthetic. He’s very quick to work up using super bulky blanket yarn or chenille velvet yarn, and requires minimal sewing as the legs and tail are all attached to the body using crochet methods. He can be easily customized with different yarn colors, embellishments, appliques, and finishing touches. This stuffed animal plush is the perfect birthday, baby shower, and Christmas holiday gift!
Ollie's pattern page is here on my blog.
The PDF pattern includes full written instructions as well as photo references and video tutorials for some of the stitches/methods used.
Height: 12 inches (30.5 cm)
- Hobbii Baby Snuggle (super bulky “6”) yarn in desired colors (I used grey, blue, and white)
- Black embroidery thread for sewing details
- 12mm plastic safety eyes (x2)
- 5mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Optional: Plastic safety nose
★★☆☆☆ Familiar Beginner/Intermediate. Requires familiarity with stitches used (below), attaching yarn, and sewing parts together.
STITCHES & TECHNIQUES USED (US TERMINOLOGY)
- FO = fasten off
- sl st = slip stitch
- surface sl st = surface slip stitch
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- inc = increase (insert 2 sc in same st)
- dec = decrease (sc 2 sts together)
- BLO = back loops only