Singing in the Rain- Paper Pieced Block
This foundation paper pieced quilt pattern contains templates and diagrams for two identical dancing girls- one kicking towards the left and one kicking towards the right. When I designed this pattern I wanted to create a romantic and whimsical image with this umbrella girl singing and dancing in the rain.
The quilt block for each figure measures 7 x 11 inch.
This foundation paper pieced pattern has been updated it contains:
1. written instructions which include printing instructions, fabric requirements, tips on accurately sewing paper templates together and a formula for resizing blocks.
2. Diagrams which show the order in which to sew the paper templates together.
3. Colour diagrams which help you orientate the pieces.
4. Colouring sheets to aid in fabric selection and placement decision making.
5. Separate pattern pieces which include a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Printed in the seam allowance are instructions on how to join the sections together. Also included on the paper templates are symbols to aid in fabric placement and crosses which identify critical joining points and help to sew these together accurately.
Basic paper piecing instructions are not included, but I have included a few tips and a link to the paper piecing tutorials on my blog.