This listing is for a digital PDF file of the Triple Hex Reading Pillow pattern.PATTERN DETAILS:
This pattern is in English and includes step by step, text and colour photos.
It is 24 pages long - including a photo cover page and 5 full size pattern piece pages.
The pattern can be downloaded for printing, immediately after purchasing. (Please Note: Acrobat Reader is required, www.adobe.com).
Love to read in bed, but end up with a sore back?? I designed this pillow specifically to be the support needed keep me comfortable while I read. There's even a handy pocket on one side to tuck reading glasses into! (Or use it to keep track of your IPod or MP3 player while you relax). Maybe you've wanted to try sewing hexagons, but have been intimidated by their shape. Fear them no more! My hexagons are easy to piece and I've sized the template so that you can cut your hexagons from pre-cuts, such as charm squares. All you need are 3 charm packs to complete the pieced panel of the pillow (which wraps completely around its wedge shape). Three charm packs + hexagons... inspired the name of my new favourite pillow. Give it a try and I bet it will be your favourite too! SKILL LEVEL:
Intermediate Beginner. Accuracy in cutting, marking, and able to sew in a zipper and piping.FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Approximately 15" high x 24.5" wide x 10.5" deepMATERIALS NEEDED:
- 1.5 yds. 44" wide quilting cotton (total yardage for pillow front) * use 24 strips WOF at 2.25" OR use 24 strips from a jelly roll OR use 3 charm packs OR use one layer cake... to cut all half hexagons
- 1.25 yds 44" quilting cotton (backing for front panel of pillow)
- .5 yds 44" wide quilting cotton (side panels of pillow)
- 22" non-separating zipper
- 3yds. of piping
- 5" of 3/8" ribbon (optional for pocket)
- 5" by 6" of quiting cotton (for decorative pocket)
- 28" by 48" quilt batting
- ruler and fabric marking pen
- printer for printing out pattern pieces and half hexagon template
- freezer paper OR template plastic
- Zipper foot
**Supplies for Pillow Form include:
- 1.25 yds of 44" muslin or quilting cotton
- apprx. 40 oz. of Polyfil stuffing