Exploring Physical Theatre by Jeni Whittaker
Exploring Physical Theatre
- Aims to demystify and make accessible the world of physical theatre;
- Traces the twentieth century development of physical theatre through Michael Chekhov, Meyerhold, Jacques LeCoq and others;
- Details other influences such as commedia and clowning;
- Explores the practical uses of physical theatre for devising as well as for general classwork;
- Explores all practitioners and ideas practically and in an accessible way for students.