Sock Yarn Shawl
- Craft: Knitting
- Suggested yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Signature Sock, colourway 844 Kingfisher. I used 1 x 100 g / 3 ½ oz ball for the sample shown
- Yarn weight: Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
- Gauge: 18 stitches x 42 rows (21 bump ridges) = 10 cm / 4” garter stitch on 4 mm needles after light blocking.
- Needle size: 4 mm [UK/Can size 8, US size 6]
- Yardage: 400 m / 437 yards
- Size: Instructions are given for any size of shawl, this pattern easily adapts to the materials you have. The 100 g of yarn I used gave me a shawl 156 cm / 61 ½” along the top edge, 47 cm / 18 ½” deep.
This pattern has been tech edited, but not test knit except by me. Full pattern support is available by emailing me.
This pattern can be knit in any sock yarn, it is very adaptable to your budget and stash. As always, when substituting yarn, be sure to knit a swatch to check that you are able to get the right gauge for the pattern. Suggested yarn substitutes can be found at https://yarnsub.com/