This lesson is based around the theme of robots and an animated video on YouTube called Tea Time
During the lesson, students watch the video and analyse the construction of the story using a five-stage plot model. They also use the story as the basis for speaking activities and two writing activities.
The lesson ends with a discussion on the future of robots in our homes and a reflection task.
- To improve students awareness of plot structure in creative writing.
- To develop formal and informal writing skills.
- To develop students abilities to discuss and ask open questions.
- Can be used at any level from a low intermediate +
- Teachers' Guide (PDF)
- Digital presentation + Print version (PDF)
- YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/KzXxsCzD8mc
- Stage 4 ordering activity: http://bit.ly/plot-exercise