Step-by-step building instructions and parts list for my own custom design based on Iron man's MK38 armour. This model was created as a more accurate replacement for Lego's version from the Hall of Armour set, and most of the pieces are from that. If you already own Lego's version, you will need very few additional pieces. This is scaled to the height of a minifigure, but cannot fit a minifigure inside. Its arms and legs can move. The model can be built from standard LEGO® bricks, the parts list will allow you to easily identify and order the required bricks from Bricklink. You are buying the instructions and parts list files only, NO BRICKS ARE INCLUDED.
PDF Instructions File - easy to follow, step-by-step custom building instructions. 22 steps.
XML Parts List File - this file can be uploaded to automatically create a Wanted List on BrickLink, which can then be used to easily buy parts from BrickLink sellers. The build requires 48 pieces. At the time of posting all required parts could be found on BrickLink for a total cost of under £5 using sellers who ship to the UK.
Instructions for how to upload this file to BrickLink in order to buy pieces are as follows (note that you will need to create an account on BrickLink).
- From the "Want" button on the top right, choose "Upload"
- Click "Upload BrickLink XML format"
- From the "Add to" list, choose "Create New Wanted List"
- Call this anything you like (e.g. "Igor")
- Open the XML file you received from here, it's easiest to open it with Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac)
- Select all the content and copy
- Paste the content in to the field on BrickLink where it says "Copy and paste here"
- Click the button at the bottom "Proceed to verify items"
- Adjust items or quantities if needed (e.g. if you already own some of the items on the list)
- Click "Add to Wanted List"
- Next, click "View [wanted list name]"
- Finally, select "Buy All" to begin buying the parts.
This item is not official Lego or Marvel merchandise.
Lego® is a trademark of the Lego Group of companies.
The build is based on a character which is a trademark of Marvel Characters, Inc.
The above-mentioned trademark holders do not sponsor, authorise or endorse this item.
© 2020 Bricking Brilliant. All rights reserved.