When it comes to influence on volleyball coaching, few can match Carl McGown. His advocacy of training specificity, among other concepts, through his work with the USA National Team program and Gold Medal Squared changed the thinking and training methods of many coaches all over the world.
His resume includes:
- 4 decades of USA National Team coaching
- 2 NCAA Men's National Championships.
- Swiss professional league and cup titles
- AVCA Hall of Fame
Here's some of what Carl discusses in his interview:
- Specificity and long-term athletic development
- The difference in performance between the US men and women
- Initial vs. final ability
Carl's interview is also featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book