The pattern contains fully written out instructions as well as charts for slip stitch sections.
This pattern features mosaic slip stitch patterning. Stitches used include knit, and slipping stitches. This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner or intermediate knitter.
Sizes and measurements
Size S (L): 37.5 (51) cm (14 ¾ (20) inches) wide and 172.5 cm (77 inches) long, measured after blocking.
The size of this stole can easily be changed by casting on a different number of stitches and by adjusting the number of repeats worked in the various sections. This will, of course, impact the amount of yarn needed.
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 18 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Fleece Artist BFL Sport (100% Bluefaced Leicester wool; 330 m (361 yds) / 125 g) in the following amounts and colors:
- C1: 152 (322) m (166 (352) yds) / 58 (122) g in Coral.
- C2: 127 (269) m (139 (294) yds) / 48 (102) g in Granite.
This yarn and the Keten stole pattern are also available as a kit from Sweater Sisters! (Link will follow.)
Substitute any wool sport weight yarn in colors with sufficient contrast for a similar result. Please note that this yarn grew upon washing and blocking the finished item. Substituting a different yarn may result in a smaller sized scarf or stole.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles – for garter stitch sections.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles (or larger as needed) – for mosaic sections, to minimize “pulling in”.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers to separate repeats of the mosaic patterning (optional)