Start the shawl with a garter stitch tab. The color work in the border is done using the slip-stitch mosaic technique, so you will be handling only one strand of yarn at all times. The border patterning is both charted and written out.
Knit the triangle-shaped Faaborg shawl from the top-down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. The edging uses the slip-stitch mosaic colorwork technique. Stitches used include knit, purl, m1bl, k2tog tbl, as well as slipping stitches.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size – finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 193 cm (76 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 84 cm (33 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working less (or more) repeats of the various sections. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: approx. 12.5 sts / 22 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: MC – 450 m (492 yds) / 150 g CaMaRose Økologisk Hverdagsuld (100% wool; 150 m (164 yds) / 50 g) in Mørk Okker 37. CC – 150 m (164 yds) / 50 g Tusindfryds Hverdagsuld (100% wool; 150 m (164 yds) / 50 g) in 47/39870 brown. Substitute any 2-ply 100% wool DK or sport weight yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers