Extra bulky-weight knitting not quite your thing? There is also a worsted weight version of this design!
The Delft Blue cowl is knit seamless and in the round, with simple color work in the corrugated ribbing.
The Delft Blue cowl is seamless and knit in the round with simple color work patterning. Stitches used are knit and purl. This pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner to intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Sizes S (M, L, XL): With a circumference of 60 (74, 88, 102) cm (24 (29, 35, 40) inches), and 34 cm (13 inches) high.
To further adjust the sizing, cast-on any number of stitches in a multiple of 4 and/or work a different number of repeats of the body pattern. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Delft Blue is written for a gauge of 11.3 sts / 14.5 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over color work pattern after washing and gentle blocking.
- Pattern language included: English.
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size).
Debbie Bliss Merion [50% wool, 50% acrylic; 100 m (109 yds) / 100 g] in the following colors and amounts:
C1: 80 (99, 118, 136) m (88 (108, 129, 149) yds) / 80 (99, 118, 136) g in 10 Admiral
C2: 80 (99, 118, 136) m (88 (108, 129, 149) yds) / 80 (99, 118, 136) g in 09 Sky Blue
Substitute any single-ply type bulky weight yarns of similar weight and in sufficient contrast to each other for a similar result.
- Circular needles in the following sizes (or to match gauge): Size 7 mm (US 10.75) and size 8 mm (US 11). For sizes S and M, a cable length of 60 cm (24 inches) is advised, for the larger two sizes a length of 80 cm (32 inches) may be more appropriate.
- Yarn needle.
- 1 end-of-round stitch marker.