Orientalists: Themes and painters. Volume 1 and 2.
This book presents the Orientalist painters who created lot of artworks in the XIXth and beginning of the XXth century. The book will not discuss all the controversial arguments related to the Orientalists issue ranging from a European colonialist fantasy to a precious documentation. But I will present to your attention 700 artworks of 200 Orientalist painters distributed in eleven categories on the following 35 themes:
1. Cairo city, Markets, Skills and professions,;
2. Coffee shop, Game players, Shisha;
3. Cities, Meetings;
4. Pyramids, Ancient Egypt;
5. The Nile, Nile boat, using Nile water;
6. Islamic, Prayer, Cemetery, Christian, Wedding, Maternity, Kids;
7. Camel, Caravan, Horses, War;
8. Faces (Woman, man), Portraits (Woman, man), Portrait with jar;
9. Musicians, Dancers, Scene;
10. Gate, Palace;
11. Lovers, Harem, Slave market, Nude art.
I hope that you will enjoy your tour in my special Orientalist gallery.