What you’ll love about knitting Mermaid’s Cardigan:
- Stockinette body gives you some lovely, “mindless” knitting, while…
- The sleeves are filled with knitterly excitement - i-cord and lace!
- Integrated i-cord is used to great effect to not only smoothly finish your sweater, but to create your cardigan’s buttonholes.
- Perfectly placed princess-seam waist shaping flatters your figure
- Lace sleeves give you a bit of ventilation - this is a great transitional cardigan
- The little puff of sleeve at the cuffvery subtle but very fun
Women’s XS S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3Xn size M with no ease)
Chest: 30 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54 inches
Madeline Tosh tosh dk 100% Superwash Merino Wool 225 yards/206 meters per 50 gram skein; color: Baltic; 4 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8
One US6/4.0mm 29-inch circular needle (NDLs)
Set of five US6/4.0mm double-pointed needles (DPNs)
Coil-less safety pins/removable stitch markers
Waste yarn or stitch holders
Eight 5/8-inch buttons
20 stitches x 28 rows = 4 inches square in Stockinette St.
- casting on
- binding off
- working i-cord
- following written or charted instructions for Fishtail Lace pattern (both included)
Technical Editing: Ruth Garcia-Alcantud
Test Knitting: 3catos, elizek
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Mermaid’s Cardigan is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern. Both written and charted versions of the Fishtail Lace stitch pattern are included.