Amigurumi sunflower crochet pattern
About this patternThis big sunflower made in chenille or velvet yarn can be either a pillow for a child or a large fidget toy for an adult. A small version made in thinner yarn can be a pocket fidget toy, a brooch or just a decoration for your house.
The possibilities with this pattern are endless and you only need to sew the petals to the side of the flower, no need to weave in all those ends.
The flower can be used as a stim toy if you hold on to the stem and rotate the flower with a wrist movement. The weight of the flower will give it lots of movement.
SizeThe flower made of velvet yarn measures 27 cm or 10.5″ in diameter with the large petals, or 24 cm or 9.5″ in diameter with the small petals and 4-5 cm or about 2″ in thickness.
The middle (brown) part measures about 14 cm or 5.5″. When using different yarns, the size will vary with the thickness of the yarn.
Intermediate – the pattern includes bobble stitches, tall stitches (Dc, EDc) and picots. You also need to sew the petals.
- Yarn – 3 colors of size 5-6 velvet or chenille yarn at 120 meters per 100 grams (example: Himalaya Dolphin Baby or similar velvet yarns);
- C1: yellow – large petals, about 85-90 grams or 100-110 meters, small petals about 60 grams or 72 meters;
- C2: brown – about 30 grams or 36 meters;
- C3: dark green – about 35-40 grams or 40-50 meters;
- Hook – 4 or 4.5-mm crochet hook or hook that goes with your chosen yarn;
- Scissors and tapestry needle for weaving in ends;
- Stuffing for amigurumi;
- Stitch markers – at least one.
Easy read versionThe easy to read or low vision version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.