God With Us illustrates man’s relationship with God through the idea of “home.” Music responds to ten texts that trace the idea of “home” through man’s design to be at home with God, our loss of that home, and God’s restoration of that home through Christ. You can listen in to the album on Spotify here
God With Us is the story of creation, fall, redemption, and restoration through ten scriptures underscored by music:
- Created to be at home with Him: Bb Clarinet, Violins, Viola, Cello, Piano (Genesis 2:5-9, 15-25)
- Sin creates separation: Bass Clarinet, Violins, Viola, Cello (Genesis 3:1-7, 22-24)
- Abraham’s Covenant: Cello (Genesis 17:1-8)
- Lament for the loss of home: Bass Clarinet (Psalm 137)
- Immanuel: Silence (Isaiah 7:14)
- Mary: Bb Clarinet, Violins, Viola, Cello, Piano (Luke 1:26-38)
- The birth of Jesus: Viola, Cello (Matthew 1:18-25)
- Angels: Bb Clarinet, Violins, Viola, Cello (Luke 2:8-20)
- Christ will make His home in your hearts: Piano (Ephesians 3:14-17)
- God will dwell with us: Bass Clarinet, Violins, Viola, Cello (Revelation 21:1-4)
The music was commissioned by Hope Chapel
in Greensboro, NC for their 2019 Lessons and Carols service. The work was also generously supported by Arts Letters & Numbers in Averill Park, NY through an artist residency in June 2019.
You will get a download of the Full Score of God With Us, as well as the Parts, and recommended carols.
To ask questions about the music or score, or to share about a place where God With Us is being presented, please don’t hesitate to contact the me at firstname.lastname@example.org
! You can also visit me and hear more of my work online at robinmclaughlincomposer.com
, and follow the God With Us album project at @godwithusalbum on instagram.