Easy brioche streams fluidly over your stitches as the two colors cascade into a cheerful asymmetrical shawl in Color Cascade. Use highly contrasting colors for an epic surge as bold as Niagara Falls or low contrasting colors for a calm pastoral environment found at bottom of gentle falls. Choose your flow – use the simple brioche pattern throughout or end with the optional decorative edge.
The easy (not beginner) tech edited and test knit pattern is fully written and charted. Check out the Knit Eco Chic blog for how-to videos for the setup and 3 stitch tutorials.
76”/ 193cm wingspan by 18”/ 45.5cm deep
4 skeins eco DK weight yarn in 2 colors, sample shows:
- 2 skeins Great Adirondack Organic Cotton DK in Starburst (MC) - single skein info: hand
dyed 100% organic cotton; 315yds/ 288m per 113g/ 3.98oz
- 2 skeins The Unique Sheep in Blueberry Pie (CC) - single skein info: hand dyed 100% organic
cotton; 265yds/ 242m per 100g/
US 5/ 3.75mm circular needles
1 locking stitch markers to marker right side (optional)
18 sts and 22 rows over 4”/ 10cm in brioche pattern stitch. Note: exact gauge is not critical to this design. Gauge variations may impact final size and yardage requirements.
• Color It: right side rows of the shawl use MC for the brps and CC for the brks.
• Count It: stitch counts are total brioche sts plus 2 edge MCCC sts.
• Edge It: a simple pattern change creates a decorative edge. This is optional. Continue working Body
until desired length, if skipping this patterning detail. Then jump to Bind Off.
• Watch It: check out the Knit Eco Chic blog for
· a complete working of the setup
· and check out the Knit Eco Chic Quick Stitch Tutorials blog for brk5tog
• Navigate It: chart key page 2, pattern pages 3-4, and charts pages 5-6.
• John 7:37-38