The shawl is worked bottom-up, starting with the border. Easy short row shaping creates the crescent shape. The lace pattern for the border is provided in both chart and written instructions.
This pattern features short rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp and yo as well as slipping and wrapping stitches. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
168 cm (66 inches) measured along the upper edge and a depth of 39 cm (15 1⁄4 inches).
Make this shawl larger or smaller by casting on more (or less) stitches. This will, of course, change the yarn requirements.
- Written for a gauge of approx. 15.5 sts / 36 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) measured over garter stitch, gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size)
- The sample shawl was knit using 6 skeins of Katia Merino 100% in color 42 [100% wool; 102 m (111 yds) per 50 g skein]. Substitute any DK or worsted weight yarn for a similar result, substitute sport weight yarn for a smaller shawl.
- A circular needle size 5 mm (US Size 8), 80 cm (32 inch) long was used for the sample. Use needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- Yarn needle
- Cable needle
- 14 stitch markers (optional)