Beryl lace square Tunisian crochet pattern
About the pattern
This is an intermediate to advanced level Tunisian crochet pattern that features lace diamonds and popcorn stitches that create texture and interest in the fabric.
The pattern can be used successfully to make baby or toddler blankets (used for play, not swaddling), by increasing the number of pattern repeats and the number of rows.
Try it in different yarn weights, such as lace-weight, with the same hook size, to create and incredibly light winter shawl or wrap. The possibilities are truly endless!
To make the baby blanket, you’ll need about 500-600 grams or 1200-1500 meters of the same weight of yarn as the one used for the blanket square.
The pattern is part of the Tunisian Blanket CAL 2022. This is a crochet along event (CAL) organized by Arunima Goel of KnitterKnotter.com and happening throughout the year 2022.
You can get this and the other patterns in the CAL in a pattern bundle here (affiliate link).
Skill levelIntermediate, due to increase, decreases, popcorn or bobble stitches.
Pattern detailsThe pattern includes full written instructions to make the sample shown (measuring 30 cm by 30 cm or 12″ by 12″), Tunisian crochet charts showing both the main repeat of the pattern and the last repeat, instructions to make a baby blanket, links to videos, as well as a low-vision version.
- Yarn: DK or size 3 weight yarn at approximately 200-260 meters per 100 grams; about 50-60 grams or 130 meters;
- Hook: 8 mm hook or hook that gets you gauge – straight Tunisian crochet hook or hook with a cable;
- Tapestry needle;
Low visionThe low vision version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.