Kashti is my rainbow blanket for my baby boy. A simple pattern perfect for TV knitting and “pregnancy brain” it makes a gorgeous blanket for nap time or playmat for fun times! The blanket is perfect for girls or boys, and it’s easy to change up the colours to match your nursery. This is also a perfect stash buster if you have yarn scraps for the stripes! Change up the pattern by adding or taking away stripes or making them wider or narrower.
The pattern is fully written. The pattern has been tech edited and test knitted. There’s a screenshot of the pattern, and a list of the stitches used at the bottom of the photos. These additional techniques are used: Judy’s Magic Cast On.Materials
- 585 m (640 yds) of Eden Cottage Yarns Bowland DK (100% Bluefaced Leicester Wool, 245 yrds/100g) in (Natural) Main Colour
- 42 m (45 yds) of (Purple) Contrast Colour 1
- 47 m (50 yds) of (Blue) Contrast Colour 2
- 51m (55 yds) of (Green) Contrast Colour 3
- 55 m (60 yds) of (Yellow) Contrast Colour 4
- 60 m (65 yds) of (Orange) Contrast Colour 5
- 65 m (70 yds) of (Red) Contrast Colour 6
- 4mm (US 6) circular needles, 32” or longer (or dpns)
- 5 Stitch markers
- Yarn needle for sewing in ends
- Blocking mat and pins
18.5 stitches and 34 rows in 10 cm (4”) in stockinette stitch.
Gauge is not essential but will also affect the amount of yarn used. Differences in gauge may also change the size of the finished blanket.Finished Size
89 cm long by 89 cm deep (35” by 35”) after blocking.