memoQ Inside Out: Machine TranslationWhat is it:
A comprehensive eBook on machine translation in memoQ, with detailed instructions on how to configure MT settings, apply MT in various modes (interactive, pre-translation, MT concordance, MT MatchPatch) and evaluate the usefulness of a given MT engine. There is also information on possible ways of hiding the use of MT in a project and detecting such activity. The configuration and use scenarios for pseudo-translations are also discussed.
(The use of MT in memoQ requires a commercial access to an MT engine.)What it is not:
A guide on machine translation in general. I won’t tell you which MT engine to use, but you will get tools that will help you objectively evaluate different engines in your language pairs and subject matters.Who is it for:
Translators and project managers who are working or planning to work with memoQ and machine translation and pre-translation, who want to learn the basics or deepen their knowledge and improve processes.Buy if:
- You want to start using MT in memoQ, but you are not sure how to do that.
- You already use MT, but you would like to maximize its potential.
- You want to know how to evaluate gains or losses from MT and/or compare the usefulness of different MT engines.
- You want to know is it better to perform a post-editing or translate from scratch and/or document editing effort.
- You are a project manager concerned about the most efficient MT use or translators' compliance with MT ban.
- You are interested in pseudo-translation workflows and configuration.