memoQ Inside Out: Machine Translation
What is it:
A comprehensive eBook on machine translation in memoQ, with detailed instructions on how to configure MT settings, apply MT in various modes (interactive, pre-translation, MT concordance, MT MatchPatch) and evaluate the usefulness of a given MT engine. There is also information on possible ways of hiding the use of MT in a project and detecting such activity. The configuration and use scenarios for pseudo-translations are also discussed.
(The use of MT in memoQ requires a commercial access to an MT engine.)
What it is not:
A guide on machine translation in general. I won’t tell you which MT engine to use, but you will get tools that will help you objectively evaluate different engines in your language pairs and subject matters.
Who is it for:
Translators and project managers who are working or planning to work with memoQ and machine translation and pre-translation, who want to learn the basics or deepen their knowledge and improve processes.
- You want to start using MT in memoQ, but you are not sure how to do that.
- You already use MT, but you would like to maximize its potential.
- You want to know how to evaluate gains or losses from MT and/or compare the usefulness of different MT engines.
- You want to know is it better to perform a post-editing or translate from scratch and/or document editing effort.
- You are a project manager concerned about the most efficient MT use or translators' compliance with MT ban.
- You are interested in pseudo-translation workflows and configuration.