Rainbow aurora capelet pattern
What you will get
This aethereal and lacy crochet capelet pattern includes:
- full written instructions in US terms and UK terms to make the crescent crochet capelet sample shown (measuring 220-250 cm around the outer edge cm and 55-60 cm in width);
- crochet charts showing the entire pattern as a wedge that is repeated;
- as an easy read or mobile friendly version for both US terms and UK terms.
About the pattern
This capelet was designed to keep your shoulders and back protected from the fierce summer sun during a Pride parade or to give you something light and airy to wear if you just want to feel whimsical and play with colors.
It can be made either in a long gradient or a single color. Blocking reveals the lace panels and the scalloped lacy edge.
The capelet is constructed from the neckline towards the lower edge, in repeating lace wedges separated by plain columns of stitches.
You can make fewer or more panels for a narrower or wider capelet.
The lace pattern is simple and intuitive, making for a relaxing and meditative crochet project.
Skill level - Intermediate. You will be making clusters, eyelets and increases.
- Yarn – between 1200-1400 meters of size 2 cotton or cotton blend yarn with 400 m per 100 g; you can use 1.5 gradient cakes or get a custom 1200 m gradient cake;
- Hook – 3-4 mm crochet hook; scissors and tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
- Blocking pins and mats.
- Optional: stitch markers.
In sample: Hobbii Sultan (800 meters per 200 g cake) – 1 full cake in colorway Galaxy (31) and 0.5 cake in colorway Pink Dragon Agate (35)