PanelxPanel #53 - Mamo
This issue is features Sas Milledge's Mamo, published by Boom!Studios. We interview Milledge about creating the series, accompanied with a series of essays exploring facets of the comic.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and a great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of this issue's contents:
- An interview with Sas Milledge on Mamo.
- Examining power-dynamics in textiles and weaving.
- Responsibility around identity and lineage as characters grow.
- The magical power of travel and laying down roots in new places.
- Projecting magic onto reality, and how we see the world around us.
- Containing and corrupting magic and power in witchcraft.
- A short comic.
- Interview with Iolanda Zanfardino and Elisa Romboli on their new Image series A Thing Called Truth.
- Final thoughts on Jason Lutes' seminal Berlin.
- How the comic adaption of Alien compares.
- Remembering Dean Hsieh's indie series, Athena.