I'm an independent author. I didn't start out that way. Originally, I published with large and small presses, from 1997 to 2010. I have published with Kensington, Thorndike, Triskelion, Resplendence Publishing, and Vasko Books. Some were better experiences, than others.
In 2010, I opened my own small publishing company, Turquoise Morning Press, fully intending to only publish my own work. Soon, I was helping other authors and also publishing their works, too. That venture grew to 80 authors and publishing over 500 titles in a little over 5 years. Then, in 2015, the publishing industry took some hits, and I decided to close that business. I went back to working a day job but I still dabbled in writing and publishing my own work.
But, the wind was taken out of my sails, so to speak, for a while. A few years ago, I decided to get back into my writer-space, and not only publish my works wide (for me, putting all my eggs into one basket is not a good business decision; I've always been a wide author) but also sell my books direct from my website. I've always been intrigued by direct selling, and being in control of my works, so here we are.
I've tried a couple of different shopfronts and ecommerce platforms. I've landed on one I love and meets my needs. My website and bookstore are fully integrated now and you can buy all of my ebooks directly from me.
But what's in it for you when you buy direct?
1) Savings for you. Many of the books listed in my bookstore are priced below retail. I routinely switch around sale pricing on my titles. I don't have to pay the middleman (retailers) so I can pass those savings along to you.
2) Exclusive books. I've included books in my bookstore not found at any other retailer. You can only purchase them here, and at a good price.
2) When you buy direct, you become a VIP customer, and VIP customers get perks! Buying direct puts you in contact with me through my newsletter, so you will always get my news, sales, exclusive deals, and new release info first.
2) You unlock additional opportunities for savings:
- Share a book on Facebook from the store ( https://payhip.com/maddiejames ) and get 10% off when you purchase it!
- Refer a friend from a bookstore page. Both you and your friend get 15% off your purchase!
- Click the "next book" offer when you add a book to your shopping cart or click "buy now." You'll receive a percentage off the next book in the series, or a book similar to the one you are buying.
Sounds like a WIN-WIN for you and for me. 😁 Why don't you hop over to the bookstore now and check it out?
I'll even give you a discount code for your first purchase!
Use discount code ALL-15 at checkout for 15% off your purchase.
Click the store link below to get started!
What's in it for me?
1) I get your support. You are supporting small business. That's always a good thing!
2) I develop closer relationships with readers who love my books. I know who is buying what, and I can tailor my newsletter content, sales, and deals more closely to your needs.
3) Buying direct also cuts out the middle-man (all the ebook retailers) and not only puts a few more cents per book into your pocket, but also mine, which in turn, helps keep the lights on in my house. :)
4) Selling direct (as well as marketing via email) puts me in full control of my products (books) and I don't have to rely on the quirks of retailers and social media for selling. I like control. :)
Does buying from an author website make you nervous?
Please know that my bookstore is powered by a reputable ecommerce company called Payhip. Many authors use this site to sell their books.
Purchases are handled by a credit card processor (Stripe) and/or PayPal, your choice!
Files are delivered to your device via Payhip or Bookfunnel, with various ways to download. Download the Bookfunnel app for easier downloading! Bookfunnel has excellent customer service to help you with any download.
Questions or difficulty with purchasing or accessing your book? Just email me! email@example.com.
Happy shopping. :)