HatStar Knitting Pattern eBook
For the hat knitter:
- Learn recommended cast ons and bind offs for hats for both bottom-up and top-down.
- Understand the basic components of a hat and how they work together.
- Think again about hat embellishments to make just the right statement.
- Read about yarn choices and how they impact the use and look of the hat.
- Three patterns for hats in multiple sizes for both men and women.
- Gain knowledge of perfect hat finishing to achieve tam and beret shapes and wet-blocking versus steaming.
- Understand the proportions of the human head and face
- Learn how different basic hat shapes are achieved
- Discover the basic recipes for many types of hat
- Master how to calculate crown increases/decreases for perfect length, fit and shaping in a variety of crown shapes
- Find out how to manage stitch patterns to create decorative effects whilst decreasing/increasing the crown
- Understand the considerations for stitch pattern choice in a hat (with links to some of our favorite sites for insipration).
- Worksheets for calculating both circumference and vertical dimensions.
- Details on standard sizing and guidance on ease for getting a good fit and look for your chosen hat type.
- Learn a methodology for creating a design brief and refining your design.