Mental Health Awareness And First Aid For Health Professionals
This 10,800+ word easy to read illustrated ebook aims to help you;
- Understand what mental health is.
- Why people develop mental health conditions.
- The role you can play in supporting and signposting people experience mental ill-health.
- Understand how to advise and offer practical support for a person presenting with a mental health concern or condition: aka Mental Health First Aid.
While this ebook stands alone it’s also a companion to my 1 and 2-day interactive courses in mental health awareness for health professionals and the general public.
- What is first aid for mental health?
- What is mental health?
- Mental health continuum.
- Mental ill-health risk factors
- Mental health - words matter
- Mental health conditions:-
- Substance misuse
- Depression & Anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Personality disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia
- Mental health in the workplace
- Starting a conversation about mental health with C.A.R.E.
- Stress management
- Steps to mental wellbeing
- Support resources
At least £2.50 from each ebook sale will be donated to MIND, the leading UK mental health charity. It works to raise public awareness and understanding of issues relating to mental health, lobbies government and local authorities, and offers information and advice to those affected.
Please note: this ebook is aimed at those living in the UK.