Hugs & Kisses Hat
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
The Hugs and Kisses Hat features a broomstick lace border applied on the ribbed band of the hat. Stitches used include foundation sc, extended sc, sc, front loop sc, sl st and dc. Skill Level: Easy
Sizes and finished measurements
To fit size: 50-55 (55-60) cm, 20-22 (22-24) inches.
- Worked partially flat and partially in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts and 10 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in ribbed band pattern after wet blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 150 m (164 yds) / 100 g Garnstudio DROPS Big fabel [75% wool, 25% nylon; 150 m (164 yds)/100 g] in #105 Turquoise. Substitute any aran weight yarn for a similar result.
- Hooks size 5.5 mm (US size I/9) and 7 mm (US size K/10 ½) were used for the sample hat.
- Dowel with 9 cm (3 ½ inch) circumference for the broomstick lace (for example an actual broomstick)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker